Please upgrade your browser.
WM Learning Lab: Innovate Your Personal Brand Strategy!
200 Ottawa Ave NW Suite 300
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Innovate Your Personal Brand Strategy!
Join us to learn why your personal branding strategy involves far more than your professional backstory.
The majority of today’s business and STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Mathematics) professionals do not understand the importance of creating a dynamic and effective personal branding strategy. Instead, they rely on traditionally formatted résumés and lists of professional qualifications to communicate their distinctive differentiation to potential employers and clients. As a result, their efforts often fall short of their objectives. Not only that: these professionals end up “sounding” like everyone else. It doesn’t have to be that way anymore.
Participants will learn:
- How to capture their defining voice and develop that voice into a compelling personal brand promise statement (not just another value proposition)
- Why the traditional professional backstory falls short when creating distinctive resumes to win interviews with employers and/or meetings with prospective customers
- How to get started leveraging social media to enhance a dynamic and compelling personal branding strategy
While each attendee works on their own personal branding strategy, the objective of this workshop is a collective and collaborative Inforum community effort. Therefore, each key takeaway module is reinforced by three activities:
- Composing / writing activities
- Speaking the results of these writing activities not only to the facilitator, but also to other attendees;
- Hearing themselves and each other speak about what collaboratively evolves into their unique, distinctive personal brands, firmly rooted in their defining voices.
Note: Bring your laptop/personal device to refer to your own Linkedin profile during this lab.
Learning Lab Facilitator
Thank you to Babette Ten Haken, founder & president of One Millimeter Mindset; and serves organizations as a corporate catalyst and innovative speaker, strategist, coach and storyteller. Often her work focuses manufacturing- and engineering- intensive organizations on customer success techniques which set the stage for improved customer retention.
Thank you to our host for providing the space and continental breakfast: BDO USA, LLP
About Inforum Learning Labs
Inforum Learning Labs are hands-on, skills-based workshops that bring real-world perspective from a practitioner with deep expertise in a particular field or subject. The labs are designed with top-notch instruction and feature individual and small-group activities that foster intentional connections and fast-paced learning. Session topics are selected to complement leadership development at different stages of careers. Participants will walk away with new information and a concrete personal action plan that carries the learning into workplace practice.
|Powered by NeonCRM|
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 2155
Detroit, Michigan 48243
Thank you to General Motors Co. for the generous gift of office space.
118 Commerce SW, Ste. 300b
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503